Translate

Monday 11 May 2020

The Gospel according to St. John Chapter 4 of 21 (To update)


The Gospel According to St. John 



Chapter 4



¹ Now when Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard, "Jesus is making and baptizing more disciples than John" ² although it was not Jesus himself but his disciples who baptized-³ he left Judea and started back to Galilee.


(The Gospel according to St. John Chapter 4 verses 1 to 3)


Oh God, my Father, Your aim was never to be popular and win a popularity poll. You always tried to avoid worldly honours and live a simple and humble life during which You could fulfil the will of  God our Father Amen. I pray that my life may have the same aim and agenda Amen.


⁴ But he had to go through Samaria. ⁵ So he came to a Samaritan city called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob had given to his son Joseph. ⁶ Jacob's well was there, and Jesus tired out by his journey, was sitting by the well. It was about noon. 


(The Gospel according to St. John Chapter 4 verses 4 to 6)


Oh God my Father many times You pass us through tests, where we have to venture in "Forbidden areas" that are beyond our "Comfort Zones", which could be an illness or a separation, a situation which would cause us to feel stressed and unstable in which way to proceed.


⁷ A Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, "Give me a drink."


(The Gospel according to St. John Chapter 4 verses 4 to 6)



Oh brothers and sisters many times it is us who are asking God for this and that. However, there are times when God turns on us and asks us to fulfil a particular task. In my case, I had thought that it was a call for the priesthood, but now I realize that he wants me to give him a drink by means of Asylum Seekers and other poor and vulnerable people. When I help them it is as if I am helping You my God and Father Amen.


⁷ A Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, "Give me a drink."


(The Gospel according to St. John Chapter 4 verse 7)


Oh, Jesus Christ my Father, this is a rare situation, for many times it is You who are the giver and not the recipient. I pray that I will always be found ready and available to serve You directly or even indirectly through other Amen. May I always be ready to help others Amen. 


⁸ (His disciples had gone to the city to buy food.)


(The Gospel according to St. John Chapter 4 verse 8)


Oh God, my Father I thank You for never stopping working in my life. Even when I am working in my everyday life, You are still working on my behalf Amen.


⁹ The Samaritan woman said to him, "How is it that you, a Jew, ask a drink of me, a woman of Samaria?" (Jews do not share things in common with Samaritans.)


(The Gospel according to St. John Chapter 4 verse 9)


Oh God, my Father, I thank You for not being racist or sexist. You do not discriminate in gender or class or status. As sinners, we are all eligible of Your love and mercy whether we are Catholics, Muslims or of any other religion Amen,









No comments:

Post a Comment